2017 program is full. Keep an eye out for 2018 membership!
"Every day I feel like a healthy happy badass when I do my morning self care ritual, taking my herbal tonics and syrups. Lauren has single-handedly taught me to take care of myself when I'm feeling almost-sick, or sick, or stressed, or when I have my fear-of-missing-out (FOMO), or when I can't sleep, or when I'm freaking out, or even when I'm feeling good. Seriously, it's been kind of life-changing. You get a package of medicines every season. I recommend HIGHLY." - Sara Kendall, 2014 CSH member, Kite's Nest
"Each season, a package full of Good Fight Herb Co.'s most spot-on products arrives at my door. Each shipment supports my well-being in real ways and gives me the powerful experience of gentle and natural self-care every day. Highly recommended, sign up for this year's subscription. it is THE BEST." - Bryn Chernoff, 2015 & 2016 CSH member, Paperfinger
Community Supported Herbalism : Good Fight's 4 Season Care Package Program
Herbal medicine, the peoples' medicine!, is our oldest form of taking care. It connects our bodies & spirits with nature's wisdom to access healing and wellness. By becoming a member of this program, we provide you with herbal self care support for each season. these medicines are organically grown and gathered, and made by our hands with great care in NY's Hudson Valley.
Each season you'll receive a bountiful package that contains 5 medicinal products, 1 self care surprise and 1 informational booklet.
- The medicinal products address each season's most needed physical and emotional supports. In all 4 packages you will receive 1 tonic to take daily. This tonic will be restorative and nourishing, supporting a daily self care ritual practice. 4 additional products are included, pertaining to the season physically and emotionally to take as needed, offering you herbal self care exploration. These medicines will vary in types (vinegars, teas, syrups, sprays, flower essences, oils, salves and more!).
- The self care surprise is a magical twist to taking care, focusing on ritual & intention setting. With them, members will learn the emotional & magical uses of plants and be offered a way to interact with them. Past surprises have included anointing oils, intentional candles, protection amulet kits, flower essence formulas and more.
- You'll receive a booklet with each package that tells the story of each medicine. you'll learn more specifically about the plants included in the formulas, where they come from, and how and why to take them. This is a really great way to begin or deepen your knowledge of Herbalism.
- The subscription also includes a members only Facebook group where we'll post pictures of the garden and stories of medicine making, to keep us connected throughout the seasons. We encourage members to share their stories of connecting with themselves & the medicines to create community along this journey.
The program cost is $365. That's $1/day for a year's worth of handmade and homegrown medicine.
- To sign up, please use the form below and submit your payment. We'll be in touch real soon after!
- You can choose to pick up your shares or have them shipped (for an additional shipping + handling cost). This will be an option on the application form below.
- Membership application deadline is Friday April 14, 2017. The program begins in May. Sign up today!
- If you are applying for a full or half time Work Trade Apprentice Membership position, apply sooner rather than later.
Work Trade Apprentice Membership
PLEASE NOTE : WORK TRADE APPRENTICE POSITIONS ARE NOW FULL FOR 2017.
There are limited slots available for both full and half time positions, so apply and inquire today!
Full time Work Trade Apprentices will trade 55 hours of work, and half time Work Trade Apprentices will trade 30 hours of work + $180, in exchange for the herbal CSA share and an invaluable opportunity to work with Lauren + Good Fight. Work Trade Apprentices will set up a weekly or biweekly schedule with Lauren from April - December. Work will commence in Good Fight's Garden in Germantown cultivating and harvesting medicinal herbs, in Good Fight's Apothecary in Hudson making medicinal remedies, and the surrounding wilds of the Hudson Valley gathering medicine. While gardening and medicine making experience is helpful, it is not necessary.